Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service means hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a web server administered by a hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a gaze at them. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you wish to run a blog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain vendors, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are often supported by displaying adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain period of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the workload between individual packs of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share an enormous quantity of pictures with chums or partners since the service is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mail accounts. Some companies offer web site hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to own an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to use as many videos as you desire without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a web site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail aliases, upload videos, etc. At Mussagi Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for particular content only.